Thursday, 23 March 2017

Send me an angel


I never had much interest in Angels and such, until a few friends of mine opened my eyes for them. I always thought Angels were one and the same, but this infographic (I LOVE infograhics it makes such a difference to have a visual that explains it all in one big poster) shows that there are several kinds of Angels. It's interesting, I do not claim to understand them all (or even a bit) but I am curious to learn more.

Angels are symbolically depicted with wings, but they are purely spiritual being that do not have a physical body. They can take on the appearance of man to better communicate with humans.

It's fascinating. After reading Dante even more interesting. Angels are mythical beings often depicted as messengers of God in the Hebrew Bible, Christian Bibles, and the Quran. The term "angel" has been used to describe spiritual beings found in many oral traditions. The roles of angels include protecting and guiding human beings, and carrying out God's tasks. I just knew from religion lessons at school this picture of Gabriel appearing before Mary:Sen

But there is more than meets the eye. Literally. So I am boosting my knowledge about both angels and spirituality.

6 comments:

  1. Well those nuns taught us about the first and second triad but skipped over the second...hmmm, now I am wondering why? Thanks for once again teaching me something new. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuns are well known to be selective in their choices...

      Thank you for your comment,
      Han

      Delete
  2. I do remember learning about some of these but never laid out as nicely as this infograph. Of course, Michael was always my favorite since I was taught that he was the warrior who led us in battle. :) Thanks for sharing, Han

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile, even battle amongst the angels, Cat. I didn't know half of this one, so it was very insightful for me.

      Han

      Delete
  3. Send me a angel, Han.
    We all are in need of a angels in our lifes.
    So nice post, Thank you.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sending you one right now. My angel has a day off I think.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...