Sunday, 19 March 2017

Coat of arms

As a child I always wanted a seal ring. One I could place in wax so the envelope was sealed by my shield of arms. Because my heritage is nowhere near King, Knights and all that, I would have to make up a weapon of my own. And I did for many, many, many years ago lost myself in the world of heraldy. And LOL got so lost I never found my way out.
So my ambitions to become something I was not soon vanished with each day I got older and finally more mature. Seeing this brought all my memories back. Smile. Weapons. Shields. Knights.

Shining Armour.


6 comments:

  1. Love this, Han. Did you ever design your own shield? If so, do you still remember the color and design? Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile yes, I did remember something of the pattern "bend" but I can't remember the colour. Some blue with silver, but not as big lines as the ones above.
      Long time ago Cat,

      Han

      Delete
  2. I wanted a decoder ring you could get from Ovaltine. I hated Ovaltine and never did get the decoder ring.
    Looking at your post reminded me of A Knight's Tale - a movie I never thought I'd like, but it's a hoot. If you haven't seen it, give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, added a knight's tale to my to-be-seen list, Leigh. Thank you, I'm sure I will enjoy it.

      Han

      Delete
  3. This is new. for me..
    I have Never think or seen it.
    Interesting..
    Thank you, Han.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well a true Knight should have a weapon shield, right? But I guess Knighthood has to be earned....

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...