Saturday, 4 February 2017

Abroad


Every 2 or 3 months or so we go to Bocholt in Germany. It is about two hours drive to Bocholt and two hours back. I know Americans laugh about such distances, but we Dutch call this distance "far away". Probably because you can cross our entire country as you can see, horizontally in two hours time.

We like to visit this town just across the border. Because of the nice tarts you can eat there, because of the friendly people in Bocholt and because the prices are often cheaper than we have in the Netherlands. So today is one of these days we go away real early so we can be back tonight in time.

And the shops are sooooo different than the Dutch shops, the clothes you can buy there you cannot get here. Smile. You know?  I think I will need your compassionate thoughts and prayers...

UPDATE:






Golden Earring in 1970. Eleven years old, and I bought this single record. Anyway it says quite clearly, back home again. A vest for my daughter richer (from 29 sale: 14 euro). I wanted a coat like this one:



Leather on the outside, some warm stuff on the inside, but they didn't have any I liked. My Wanita was disappointed they didn't have shoes on sale she liked.
Anyway we had a lovely piece of pie, a delicious cheese baguette, still warm mmm, and drove one third of our way back avoiding the main roads and just went from little village to little village.



And now, to speak with the Golden Earring, we're Back Home.




10 comments:

  1. Have fun Han and Wanita...hope you come hope with full hearts, fat tummies and thin wallets. :)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, we had a good time. Have a look at other guys in clothes stores is very interesting!

      Han

      Delete
  2. It sounds like a lovely drive. I love eating yummy tarts, too.

    Your drive is roughly the same distance as my driving to the United States border, so I don't find it a crazy distance at all. It's all about getting to where you want to go and enjoying the ride.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We we enjoyed the ride. We went back - at least part of it - our favourite way: avoiding the main roads and go from town to town, from village to village. Ah, the Netherlands can be so beautiful, even in the rain..

      Han

      Delete
  3. A perfect day trip...yummy treats for the tummy, time spent with a loved one, and some interesting shops to explore and shop in.
    Hope it was very enjoyable. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, interesting did you say? When I go to the clothes shop I ask the lady behind the counter what I need and if I like it and the price seems right, I buy it.
      Ah, that is not the women's way is it? Why do they all have to touch ALL the clothes on the rack? It is universal illness.
      Clothes get dirty, if you do not plan to buy it, why touch it?

      Women are a mystery,
      Han

      Delete
  4. Drive carefully, Han and have a nice day both of you.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was such a nice day. And yes, I drove very carefully. Wanita fell asleep and I drove as careful as I could in the rain.

      Han

      Delete
  5. Have a wonderful mini holiday - drive safe and done eat too many pastries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mini holiday and way too many pastries, yes check on both.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...