Monday, 9 January 2017

Wanita's birthday

This year in November I started to make a present for her birthday. It's today. And as you might remember, I got this idea of a Note Jar. Each day you pick one out.

Each one is Handwritten and not a print from some site. So that makes each one personal. There are messages of love, comfort, perseverance and love. I planned to do a whole year, but with my daughter getting her own house in December it ruined my schedule, so I "only" could write 150 messages. They were too big for a jar, so I put them in a box. 

There are rules of course for reading them:
  • Just read one message a day, 
  • Not more than one and no cheating.
  • Messages are personal. If you want to share what it says, feel free. But if you want to keep it to yourself feel free to do so.
  • If you forget to pick one, the next day you are not allowed to pick two. 
I hope she likes it as much as I liked making them.

10 comments:

  1. How could she not love it....a truly beautiful gift from your heart...and I might just 'borrow' it come April...if I may?
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you may, Abby. From one incurable romantic to another: there can never be enough romance.

      And yes, she did like it.
      Han

      Delete
  2. What a lovely gift, Han! I'm with Abby...how could she not love such a loving and thoughtful gift. I would have been over the moon if Matthew had given a gift like that. Wanita is a very lucky lady...wishing her a very happy birthday!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my beloved has not my romantic streak... So she liked it very much, and that was nice as well. She did have a lovely birthday, and as soon as my daughter has moved out we will go on some weekend together to celebrate her birthday!

      Han

      Delete
  3. I love your gift, Han! It's incredibly personalized, sweet, and thoughtful. Wanita will definitely appreciate your heartfelt words and love. I am sure that her birthday will be memorable and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, girl with the naughty name. I hope it will be a good year for her.

      Han

      Delete
  4. Ofcourse, She will Love it, Han.
    What a birthsdsy gift!!!
    Wonderful !!!!
    Happy birthday, Wanita!!

    Mona Lisaå

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she did like my gift. LOL. I spent 3 months searching and writing notes. Did each with Calligraphic letters and took my time to write nice. If I don't take the time it's not so easy to read. If I write slow, my handwriting is to my own liking.

      Han

      Delete
  5. As Mona said, of course she will love them. Lots of thought and love went into the gift which is what us women want, more than physical things we can buy ourselves.
    Happy Birthday Wanita - you're a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a nice day and I'm sure she will appreciate all the thoughts that I put on paper for her.

      I am the lucky one,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...