Thursday, 26 January 2017

Tu déchires mon âme en deux

That is the difference between French and American language.
Tu déchires mon âme en deux: You tear my soul in half. That is why French is the language of lovers. Nothing to do with You Rock. You rock modern junk for You rip, you break, you mutilate my heart. In French you feel your heart being ripped apart. Demolished by a four wheel truck. Taken apart with surgical precision.

Never earned a grade above 4 on a scale from 1 to 10, where 10 is excellence for French in school. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate the words. 


8 comments:

  1. My dad's parents only spoke french...and from grades K-8 allafternoon classes were taught in French....usually religion and reading and maybe history. I can still speak and read it, just not as fluently. It is a beautiful language..
    Merci beaucoup, mon ami. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter can speak it better than I can. I just love the pronunciation and the poetry in the words.

      Thank you, my friend,
      Han

      Delete
  2. Those words really reach into the heart, Han. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Cat.

      Thank you for your comment,
      Han

      Delete
  3. Smile , yes, french is languange for lovers.
    Love it.
    What a cute post, Han.
    Thank you.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a very romantic language, unlike Italian, Spanish, German (brr) and Dutch (ouch). There is poetry in every day life.

      Han

      Delete

  4. Tu dechiers aussi. Don't know how to get the accent aigu over the e.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Part of our problem. Accent aigu or grave is hard to find on our keyboard because we hardly use it.

      Thank you for your comment, Leigh

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...