Sunday, 29 January 2017

Beautiful within

"I cannot believe I have to tell a woman that what counts how she on the inside, and not her looks", this is a discussion I had many times with my daughter. As we watched some tv-series and I commented how beautiful some character was, like how beautiful Meredith Grey is in Grey's Anatomy. She didn't understand I thought she was the prettiest woman on the face of the earth, but then again I had this romantic notion of women being more sensitive and more focussed on the inside than on the outside.

It is just my overly romantic idea of course. Women are just like all other human beings, and judge people only on their outside as well. Of course they do. But it's nice to say it out loud:


She was beautiful deep down her soul.
She is beautiful.


6 comments:

  1. I so agree with you, Han. I went to school with a young woman who would later went on to represent our state in the Miss America contest but because of her hatefulness in school...I found her quite ugly. Many of my friends get more beautiful each year...their beautiful personalities just shine through.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not that I don't like to look at people that are easy on the eye, I'm just more interested in what people do. To paraphrase Adhashanti: It's not what people look like, it's what they say and do.

      And yes, the older people get the more interesting. Until a turning point where they become children once again. It's a wonderful circle of life.

      Han

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful words , Han.
    But I think , to see What is inside and not just a
    Look, needs some maturity .
    Our children Will get there, just They need first live theirs life and learn.

    Nice post.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True, it's more difficult to see and true, it takes more effort. I very much agree on what you said: to look needs some maturity.

      Han

      Delete
  3. Love your response to Cat it is so true. I think that when we are young...or immature...we see things and people...solely with our eyes. We miss so much. When we start to see the with our souls, we truly see. hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only see thing with our eyes and not always with our heart, so true. And like I said, perhaps you need to grow a bit more to gain depth.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...