Tuesday, 27 September 2016

The best restaurant in my town

My daughter and my wife are high tea experts. You become an expert at this trade by visiting lots of locations and have a high tea in the afternoon. So I wouldn't know the best restaurant in Delft, but I do know the best place to have a high tea.

De Koninklijke Porceleyne Fles (Royal Delft) is founded in 1653 in Delft and still makes handpainted blue china. Delft Blue, the original Delft Blue, not the made in China stuff, is made in Royal Delft. Nowadays it's a small museum and yes in this old building they serve the best high tea in Delft. According to the experts.


10 comments:

  1. I have never been to a high tea, but I would so love to...one day maybe.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite craze, here. Every restaurant serves "high tea". One day, if you visit our little country perhaps?

      Han

      Delete
  2. Not a tea fan but I do admire Royal Delft...so beautiful! Thanks for sharing, Han.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Royal Delft is not only factory, you can see in factory what they make, everything is handpainted.
      Not quite as lovely as your painting, though.

      Han

      Delete
  3. Royal Delft is pretty! I would love to visit the museum.

    I have only had high tea once. It was three years ago when I was in London on vacation. I absolutely loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you loved it. Royal Delft is real pretty!

      Han

      Delete
  4. I have never been to high tea other, only lived vicariously through books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many bakeries serve a high tea nowadays, it is really quite popular here.

      Life is not a book. Sometimes better :-)
      Han

      Delete
  5. I love the beautiful crockery, and high tes is on My " to do list".
    And Royal Deft is just wonderful.
    Can you imagine , Han, i have beautiful Royal Dutch beads ?
    Porcelain beads. They are soooo beautiful !!!

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky girl, handmade beads?
      Not in Sweden popular high tea's?

      My girls love it,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...