Wednesday, 28 September 2016

One thing I wish I could do

Ah, dreams... I'm a dreamer. And one of my dreams is travelling the Trans Siberia Express, or to be more precise the Trans Siberian Railway. From Moscow to Vladivostok. With a length of 9,289 km (5,772 mi), it is the longest railway line in the world. You can imagine it's heaven on earth for this big train lover.


The famous history of the train, the landscape it will travel trough, the length of the trip. It's a route 66, but this time in style. By train! What better way to travel? How many famous people already made this trip? How many infamous people made this trip? How wonderful to dream about this trip in detail...

8 comments:

  1. Now that would be an amazing trip....long, but quite interesting.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile, nearly not long enough, Abby. You are talking TRAIN here... I think I told you I watched as a kid trains leaving at our station wondering where they would go... Just wherever the tracks could them, I imagined.

      I know, dreamer,
      Han

      Delete
  2. Ooh Han...that's been part of my dreams also! Would love to travel around the world and travel all the different train lines, from the Trans Siberian Railway to the Glacier Express in Switzerland to the Blue Train in South Africa and of course, travel coast to coast across the US. Was raised with trains, grandfather and dad worked on a railroad and I had free passes as a child. Loved it!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky girl with a free pass to go the trains! Ah, I have to tell you.
      This vacation in the city of Aalten, there is such a sweet abandoned train station that was screaming to me: BUY ME, Make me beautiful again. Rebuild me with love! The station is still in use, but the building isn't.

      I was deaf of all these cries, of course, sad to say...

      Han

      Delete
  3. Yes, I understand.
    Did you know, Han, the lower the number on the train, the better is the train?
    I have some coworkers who did it.
    They liked it.
    Keep on dreaming, Han.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that, Mona Lisa. I envy your colleagues, but it must have been some experience.

      And yes, we should dream, because if we don't we have nothing to compensate our nightmares.

      Han

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It will remain a dream I think Leigh, but a nice dream nonetheless.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...