Monday, 12 September 2016

Memories

Today is the first day of a series I plan to re-publish each year on September 12th, 14:00 hours. In order to commemorate the good friends we find here in virtual reality of blog land and have become friends as in real life.

Today is about Ab, or Appie as he called himself. A man with a wonderful sense of humour, and a very kind man. I wanted to tell you about how I felt about him when he was still alive, and think it has not much added value if you tell someone how wonderful he is after he has gone. We should tell it to each other when we are alive.

Nobody could say it more honest and fragile than Barbra Streisand:
"So it's the laughter we will remember. Whenever we remember the way we were. The way we were."

I will remember him, the way he was.





6 comments:

  1. It sounds as if he had a life well lived and loved - there's nothing more important.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A good balanced life, he would agree, something to be grateful for.

      Han

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful song , Han.
    It made me cry ..

    I will remember Ab for a " nickname " he gave me. No one ever called me like he..

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing, Jan...I remember that he made a comment on someone's blog, don't remember which one, that he had lived a long life with many enjoyable experiences. Along with good memories for our friends and family, what more can we ask for.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes to live well and look back without fear or shame. Just content.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...