Friday, 19 August 2016

Well drawn

I think I've posted this before, but when we were last week in Driebergen (see Google maps location under this post) we saw this and I said to my loved one:
I want to reproduce this in our garden:




It just made me think of the poem by John 'O Mill in Dutch, I will translate as best as I can:

In Conneticut
in een waterput
verdronk mijn tante Eefje
nog jaren later
dronk m'n oom 't water
uitsluitend door een zeefje.

In Connecticut
in a draw-well
drowned my aunt Eefje
even years later
my uncle refused to drink the water

that wasn't poured through a strainer.


4 comments:

  1. Cute pic.
    I would love have a real well at My cottage, bringibg watter from it for gardening..

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well a real draw well... I think I have to be in Sweden for that. A cottage, with it's own well.

      Yes, I would love that as well.
      One can dream,

      Han

      Delete
  2. I love the mini wishing well, Han. In the neighborhood where I grew up, the man next door built one in his front yard, planted with flowers and placed his house number on it. It was beautiful.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it will be my winter project...
      I will do some more research.

      It's an eye catcher for sure.
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...