Wednesday, 17 August 2016

2016-32 Appy

Some of you might have noticed that my friend Appy over at Desired submission has not written his weekly journal. That in itself is extraordinary because since 2011 he didn't miss a weekly post. Appy has been part of the blogging community since 2007. His title of posting, year, week number has always made me smile. When I commented on it, he wrote back in his dry humour: You have discovered the bookkeeper in me, didn't you?

I first met Appy when he encouraged me to keep on blogging, and followed my blog since almost my first post. Since than we have written each other regularly and met a few times to talk about life and love and all things that matter to us. I have never met a more kind man than Appy. Some people have kindness in their genes, and you don't come across many people that have a gentle and friendly character. Appy is helping other people without expecting something in return. And how many people do you know that have that? I can only speak for myself, but I can count them on one hand. So he is a special man, and we've learned to know him in his blog posts, and I've been fortunate enough to actually meet the man.

He wouldn't want me to write this about him, because he's a very modest, down to earth man. But we need to say these things out loud, because one never knows what will happen tomorrow. Anyway, Appy has been "under the weather" for a few weeks. His leg wound that wouldn't close has been troubling him for weeks. Doctors played a little ping-pong what should do something about it and how. His general practitioner referred him to make an x-ray of his lungs. And in the beginning of August a CT-scan. He had to stay a day in hospital to make it happen. Appy was very tired after this day, and have been tired since. The CT-scan indicated that there were things that do not belong there, in his lungs and other organs as well. Yesterday he got a very painful liver biopsy to find out what the nature was of these small things in this body. Appy wrote a letter to his friends about his biopsy, and said he gets tired from all things, including writing a letter.

So this is a time for him of uncertainty, pain and discomfort. He's in his own self-effacing sober minded self, tones it down, but he is in pain nonetheless. I'm sure he wants all of you to know that his beloved (above all else), is taking very, very good care of him. I hope to see him in a week or so, after he has got the results of the biopsy.

The man that is always helped others needs your help now. I hope you will all include him in your prayers and thoughts. As he reads his Ipad regularly he could use a little support from you all. A warm email, an e-card (his public e-mailadress is appy@mail.be ) or just a comment on his blog or this post would do him a world of good, surely.
Please understand that he might not be able to respond to your messages, but to know that people have him in their hearts might not be what the doctor ordered, but I'm sure he will appreciate very much.

As soon as I know more about his health situation, I will let you know. I hope he will be able to tell you all himself, in a 2016-?? post. I hope he will. But if he can't, I will keep you informed, after consulting Appy first of course.

I would love it if other bloggers Appy knows well, or they know him well (as he knows far more bloggers than I do), would send them their support. So if you know any of them, kindly forward them my message as well.


Thank you all in advance.





14 comments:

  1. I do read appy and only now realized he has been missing for a while. I will be sure to drop by and say hello and pray for the best outcome.
    Thank you Han for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you Han.
    Love and light and good thoughts to Appy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure he will appreciate it Blue.
      Thank you on his behalf,

      Han

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful post , Han!
    Thank you so much for it.
    And your words about Appy are so true!!
    Appy, you are in My thoughts, prayers.
    And in My heart... In a speciell Appy place.
    For ever.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there is a special place in his heart for you Mona Lisa. It's wonderful that he has you as a loyal and caring friend.

      Han

      Delete
  4. Thank you, Han. A very nice post, but way too flattering. Nevertheless I appreciate it.

    A very tired appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would say that, my friend. Without getting all emotional, it's good to say out loud what people mean to each other, like now.

      Rest, my friend. Rest and be well.
      Han

      Delete
  5. Oh gosh! I do not know appy well but I always smile when I see his comments! I will be sure to keep him and those he loves in my thoughts and prayers.
    Thanks Han!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is all we can do Minelle. Thank you for that.

      Han

      Delete
  6. Thank you so much for letting us know.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so glad I took a minute to pop in to read this..thank you so much..sending a message now...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of hoping you would read it on your family outing, Abby. I know he will appreciate it.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...