Saturday, 21 May 2016

Personal life

I told you in March all horrible stories about my time in hospital. Three months later my gall bladder operation is still not carried out, and the infection to my drain that is coming out of my body is tiresome. But somewhere in the first week of June it's going to be removed at last. Together with my gall bladder my drain will be removed in a "buy one and get the other one free" operation. Perhaps I should tell them it takes me almost two hours to fall asleep.


The anaesthetist told me I had to get rid of my beard and moustache before the operation, due to leakage of the oxygen mask they might have to put on. Well, that was the worst news of all. I don't know exactly, but I am wearing a beard for over 30 years.... Now it is off. It's not an improvement I might add. That handsome, distinguished face is now a milksop and due to the fact I use a real razor of course ( a real man does not use an electric razor), a daily bloodbath. I'm loosing more blood from my cheeks and throat than from the wound in my belly. It's really a horrible sight. I pity my wife and daughter that have to look at that face most of the day. I like to pity my colleagues as well, first the shock -  without warning, mind you -  about the bald face and then all that blood... Gross, my daughter would say. I furthermore pity all those people in public transport that are sitting next to me, one time or another. A glimpse sidewards and this naked chin in blood... Brrr.

Anyway, the moustache is still there, I was not mentally ready to take that off as well. If I wanted to be totally nude, I would contact playboy, oh no, the magazine for girls is playgirl I think...


There is nothing more boring than people telling in great detail about their health. You listen (or read) for a few lines and you think. Ah. Yes. I believe it. Stop, I have heard enough. Women are supposed to think: "A man. Typical man. A little pain and the world is upside down". So I refrain from great detail. Sufficient to say I'm looking forward to the day the operation is scheduled.

6 comments:

  1. It'll grow back, the beard not the gallbladder. I'll be sending positive thoughts for a successful outcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The operation is not very big, so I will be fine and the beard... Mmmm.

      It will grow back.
      Han

      Delete
  2. Hey Han...you have been very prolific while I've been gone from blogland. ;) Sorry you had to shave your beard but as Sunny said...it will grow back. Meanwhile...get an electric razor...save yourself the pain and save your wife and daughter the pain of seeing your hurt. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy for a positive outcome with your surgery. I have had my gallbladder removed so if you have any questions, feel free to email me.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gall mate, huh? A remarkable number of people told me these last few months they have the galbladder removed as well... Kind of buying a new Citroen Berlingo and everywhere you go you see Berlingo's driving...

      Seriously, I will be fine, Cat. Don't worry. And yes, I have been busy, hate to do nothing :-)

      I missed you,

      Han

      Delete
  3. You see, Han, without all those negative things what happend to you, your daughter and your wife would never see your " real"
    face without beard. Övning ger färdighet, Han. Every day, again and again.
    You see?
    Smile..
    I wish you all well. Hold on, soon is beard back.

    I have you in My prayers.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little rusty at shaving, but like you said practice makes perfect. And next month I will look presentable again...

      Don't worry Mona Lisa, I will be fine,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...