Friday, 27 May 2016

Gethsemane - Colm Wilkinson



Colm Wilkinson is an Irish tenor born in 1944 and has played in many, many musicals. After yesterdays raw voices, this last Gethsemane is form mr. Wilkinson himself.

If some of you think because I chose five different versions of this song, I like them all you're mistaken. There is an Australian version sung by John Farnham I really dislike, as well as Kermit's version, not to speak of any Italian version, like this one by Simone Sibillano.
The Korean version is probably beautiful as well, but I can't hear it.

So I will stick to my five choices of this beautiful song.

4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this rendition of the song, Han and his voice is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, ok, Han.
    He is ok.
    Just ok, smile.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday was all about feeling, raw feelings, howling guitars, raw voices. Open and as vulnerable as the man on the cross himself.

      Today is about music, and how this man with a nice beard and a nice suit sings a very musical song. Today is about musicality.

      Interesting that you think it's just OK.
      Well that is OK by me,
      Smile back,

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...