Thursday, 4 February 2016

Alleluia, Behold the Bridegroom

The dark voices of the St. Petersburg Chamber Choir makes you calm and at peaceful deep within your soul. The composer is alas not known, and it is a Russian traditional. So Russian and yet so universal, so eternal beautiful. Close your eyes for five minutes and let your tears flow...




Alleluia. Alleluia. Alleluia.

Behold, the Bridegroom comes at midnight, and blessed is the servant whom He shall find watching, but unworthy is the servant whom He shall find heedless.

Beware, therefore, O my soul, do not be weighted down with sleep, lest you be given up to death, and be shut out of the Kingdom. But rouse yourself crying: Holy, Holy, Holy art Thou, O God! Through the Theotokos, have mercy on us.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing another lovely song, Han and for sharing the words behind it. It is a very touching song.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you liked it Cat. Music is like boys, either you like them or you don't. Doesn't make the boy bad you don't like him...

      Smile,
      enough for cheap psychology,

      Han

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. So glad you like it Minelle. It is a really moving piece of music.

      Han

      Delete
  3. Beautiful , just beautiful ..
    This song resonerar with deep of My soul.
    Can you hear the deep of melancholy
    Slavic soul.?
    I can hear it.
    I can feel it.
    Did you hear the beautiful soft " l" in word Alliluja?
    Is it not beautiful ?
    Ok, Han, I will confess:
    this song made me cry.

    Thank you,
    Mina Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can feel the bass resonate in me, the dark voices, full of longing and sadness and maybe a hint of joy there.

      When I close my eyes and really listen, as a did some times now, I am deeply touched by it every time I hear it.

      Glad you like it,

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...