Tuesday, 12 September 2017

Memories

I like this poem by Louise Bailey very much. Last year I said I would post on September 12th a post for all those who have been gone and sometimes even forgotten. That is not good nor bad, as life goes on and it is not good to stand still in time. Times moves on and so does your life. It is a year already since we have lost Appy and his wonderful blogs about his Sunday (morning) activities. And in remembrance of him and of all the bloggers we have lost over time, but not in our hearts, this is for them.


I feel a warmth around me
like your presence is so near,
And I close my eyes to visualize
your face when you were here,
I endure the times we spent together
and they are locked inside my heart,
For as long as I have those memories
we will never be apart,
Even though we cannot speak anymore
my voice is always there,
Because every night before I sleep
I have you in my prayer.

I feel a warmth around me
like your presence is so near,
And I close my eyes to visualize
your face when you were here,
I endure the times we spent together
and they are locked inside my heart,
For as long as I have those memories
we will never be apart,
Even though we cannot speak anymore
my voice is always there,
Because every night before I sleep
I have you in my prayer.


Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/memories
I feel a warmth around me
like your presence is so near,
And I close my eyes to visualize
your face when you were here,
I endure the times we spent together
and they are locked inside my heart,
For as long as I have those memories
we will never be apart,
Even though we cannot speak anymore
my voice is always there,
Because every night before I sleep
I have you in my prayer.


Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/memories

Memories

©
Published: February 2006
I feel a warmth around me
like your presence is so near,
And I close my eyes to visualize
your face when you were here,
I endure the times we spent together
and they are locked inside my heart,
For as long as I have those memories
we will never be apart,
Even though we cannot speak anymore
my voice is always there,
Because every night before I sleep
I have you in my prayer.


Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/memories

Memories

©
Published: February 2006
I feel a warmth around me
like your presence is so near,
And I close my eyes to visualize
your face when you were here,
I endure the times we spent together
and they are locked inside my heart,
For as long as I have those memories
we will never be apart,
Even though we cannot speak anymore
my voice is always there,
Because every night before I sleep
I have you in my prayer.


Source: https://www.familyfriendpoems.com/poem/memories

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing, Han...so very touching.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you , Han.
    Remembering..
    Missing .
    But How blessed we are to meet these people.
    Thankfull .

    Sleep well Appy.
    Sleep well Bas.

    We Will meet again..

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am late ...but love this...was thinking about Appy when I was re-reading part of my blog a couple days ago.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...