Wednesday, 1 March 2017

New beginnings

Today, March 1st, is a day of closure and new beginnings. Closure in the sense that this Monday I did the last work on my daughters apartment. It was work of months to make it a good place for her to live. To be happy with her servicedog in her own appartment. To create a safe place for her, to create a warm place where she could feel at home. To make things financially possible not only to live there now, but for years to come. A fully adusted kitchen with a high low kitchen like this one:




Half January she moved in there, but on Monday the last thing: her curtains were hung and now her house is finished. She can start.
In February I redecorated her old sleeping room into a little office for me and a little studio for my daughter. It took more time than I originally thought it would take, because we had to make the room more soundproof not to annoy the neighbours while she is giving singing lessons here.

And now I am in this new room, behind my desk. A new beginning with only the two of us. Yes, I know it sounds heaven for those who want to play without the kids around, but I must confess it takes a little getting used to as well.

And I notice that I am quite tired of doing all that work. It was exactly a year ago my gall bladder was doing not-so-nice-things, and although I have no trouble any more from that, I seem to be tired all the time. So I will take it more easy than before.

Anyway, raise your glass to closures and new beginnings!


6 comments:

  1. Two wonderful new beginings, you have given your daughter a priceless gift...her independence....and the secure knowledge that you are still there for her. And a another new road for you and your Wanita to travel...enjjoy it, you have earned it.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the job of any parent but especially those of special children to raise them so they can become independent of you. To allow them to grow into people who can think for themselves and are balanced emotionally.

      And I am very proud of her.

      Han

      Delete
  2. I agree with Abby, Han...you have given your daughter a priceless gift of independence. New beginnings are fun but scary in that they have a lot of unknown. Now rest of so you and Wanita can enjoy your new chapter.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I quite remember those days when I was young and had the same desire to get more personal space and my own rules instead of family rules.

      It's so nice in children you see yourself and in a way you get the chance of being young all over again.

      I'm a blessed man.

      Han

      Delete
  3. Rising My glass for clasures and new beginnings, Han!
    Skål!

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We close a chapter and sometimes a book Mona Lisa and we begin a new one. It too is the circle of life. It ends and start anew.

      Skål to you as well, girl.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...