Saturday, 24 September 2016

The best part of a rainy day

I have already told you what I think of the advice to save for a rainy day. That doesn't mean I'm not in favour of having some savings for things that need replacement, or a car that needs to be replaced in a few years time. The rainy days I'm talking about are 15 years away from me.

Rainy days is something we have plenty of, in the Netherlands. In the literal sense of the word. I don't mind the rain so much. I guess I'm just happy to live in a country that has plenty of water. I never understood why "the blue planet" with all it's oceans cannot filter the salt out of sea water and make pipelines to deserts and dry area's. They can build thousands of kilometres of pipelines for oil, why not for water? They can make from crude oil gasoline, why cannot we filter salt water into clean sweet water? The climate would change, The crops in the field would bring life to hungry people.

Back from riding my cockhorse. What is the best part of a rainy day? The moment it stops and the air is humid and full of smells of the earth. That't it.


8 comments:

  1. I agree, why can't they do all those wonderful things?? I like the freshness after a rain..the humidity not so much...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The air pregnant with damp from the fields, mist of the water and all things great and small soaked in water...

      I love it.
      Han

      Delete
  2. There actually are two main desalinization processes that are used in quite a few places...the main problem in the past has been cost but they are finding ways to bring the cost down. Here's a really good article that you might enjoy: http://adventure.howstuffworks.com/survival/wilderness/convert-salt-water.htm

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the link, Cat. Very interesting. It confirms my belief that water desalinization should be in the world top 5 priorities.
      It will not only bring prosperity to the people in dry areas, it will save the planet.

      Sorry, feel strongly about this,
      Han

      Delete
  3. Yes, the smell of Earth.
    I know.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing like it. Well the sun on your skin is a nice feeling as well, let's not exaggerate.

      Han

      Delete
  4. I agree with you on all accounts

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...