Wednesday, 7 September 2016

Advice to ignore

"Save all your money so if you are 67 and you are retired you can do all the things you never did."

Advice to ignore. Not to spend all of your money like there was no yesterday. Don't do it. It's not good advice to spend it all, but it;s not good advice to save it all either. There are so many people I have known that did not reach the age of 40. Some 50. Some 60. My mother was 63 when she died.

Live today. Enjoy this day. It sounds like a Hallmark postcard, but I do. I make the most out of today. Live life to the full.

Later is too late?

7 comments:

  1. Han, you are so right. Nothing is guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is like therapy, real expensive and no guarantees...

      Han

      Delete
  2. You are so right, Han! My parents spoke with me and my brother about purchasing an RV. They would use it to travel around on weekends and holidays. They let us know that it would be quite a bit of money that they might not have for us, if something happened to them. My answer was...it's your money...spend it on yourselves! I am so happy they did...they got many years of enjoyment out it before my dad got sick...he died shortly before his 64th birthday.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is what I always say to my mother in law: spend it all on yourself. If you are gone your kids will surely fight over it, so it's really a very friendly thing to spend it all on yourself!

      Han

      Delete
  3. You are do right, Han.
    I have seen it do many times. We don't know, if we live , when we are retired.
    No.
    Live your life right mow.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well said Mona Lisa. Well said indeed.
      (Did you know I went back half the street to make the picture of the boat? I still see it every day when I bike to work, and I think of this post... Smile)

      Han

      Delete
  4. Today is all we can count it...make it count..make someone laugh...do something for yourself....and yes...even if you die penny less...where you end up it will not matter..
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...