Tuesday, 20 September 2016

A way to relax

My way to relax is to read. And when it comes to reading I am omnivorous, gluttonous and as a result an obese reader. I read anything and everything. It's because I'm curious, I think. There are so many things I want to know. There are a few exceptions to the rule. I don't like biographies (except I have four of Barbra Streisand but that's beside the point, Barbra is Barbra) at all. I am not interested how other people famous for some reason look back in semi-modesty at their lives. I don't like books about the history of America or Africa. Or about the ethnic cultures we know little about. I'm just fine knowing little about it.

Other than that, I like to read a romance novel as much as I like to read about nature, or about sexual related topics, or spiritual topics. Like the blog, it's a bizarre mix of subjects all living in peace together in my head, without neighbour complaints. My mind is a tolerant place. No place for racism or discrimination of a subject of a book. So I read about a book a week, sometimes more, not often less.

A book is not a way to relax but more a place to relax. It absorbs me completely. 



6 comments:

  1. I love my books, Han! Always have at least one with me and have read almost every paper book I've got at least twice and most of them more than that. I do have a huge 'pile' of e-books that I haven't read and that pile keeps growing due to certain prolific writers. LOL Not a huge fan of biographies and even less of autobiographies but there have been a few exceptions...Betty White comes to mind as hers are more about her pets and are written with her trademark humor. I like romance of any kind, science fiction, mysteries, suspense, art, travel and of course, all the naughty books written by my lovely blogland family. Oh and don't forget cookbooks...I so enjoy collecting them!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From one book lover to another: Aha! Reading the Rosie project now. Traded it for old Grisham book in the vacation in one of those, take one, put one back boxes.

      Wonderful book,

      Han

      Delete
  2. I am much less an eclectic ready than you are, altho joining a book club has opened me up to more genres. With a good book one is never alone...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem with book club is reading books you don't really like, but the majority of people say I like it.

      Too much individualist to join a club with such important things as reading,

      LOL,
      Han

      Delete
  3. From one reader to another reader.
    I understand what you mean, Han.
    You know, Han, what is better then book for relax?
    Book and music.
    Together . A good book and nice Classic music.
    Ahhhh..


    Thank you for this nice post , Han.

    Mona Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soulmate: Classical music and reading. What can beat that huh?

      Ahhh,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...