Sunday, 11 September 2016

A time I made a good choice

It's odd human nature that all bad choices come to mind. But of course I made quite a few good choices in my life as well. At 40 years old I decided go go back to school one day a week and completed my education in four years time. It was a difficult time, but also a time of inspiration and brand new idea's. Things that I've never thought about, and now I had to think about it. I had to work together on projects and had my share of difficulties with people that refused to walk that extra mile, or sometimes refused to walk a short distance.

After I got my degree I went two years to University of Rotterdam. I was by now 48 and I was a proud as a peacock to walk between the youngsters. Always grew up with bad grades in school, and now I was getting lessons from professors, the best of the best. One of the best choices in life was to back to school again.



12 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your excellent choices, Han! You should be very proud of yourself!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a bit proud of myself at the time... Shhh.

      Han

      Delete
  2. That was an excellent choice and very courageous. I applaud your perseverance, it couldn't have been easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No long nights study, and all free days... Still, it was worth it.

      Han

      Delete
  3. What a great choice..never too old to learn more or to follow a dream. A late congrats on your degree...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's beginning to itch again, should do something soon!

      Han

      Delete
  4. It's never too late when it comes to learning. I'm glad that you did.

    It took me fifteen years from the time that I first dropped out of graduate school to try it again. I did it and got my master's degree. Perhaps it will take me another fifteen years before I get my doctorate. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will succeed! If I trust anyone to archieve your goals, it is you, girl with the naughty name. Go for it!

      Han

      Delete
  5. Very good choice, Han.
    It is education, which oppens a new Windows, new oportunitty .

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A life long learning, Mona Lisa? I think so too. Like you do.

      Han

      Delete
  6. That was a good choice! I went back to school for my masters degree at 35. Seems like more education is usually a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well done Olivia! Back to school at an age people stop learning is so wonderful! Good for you!

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...