Sunday, 24 July 2016

Worried about Trump

Before Boris Johnson and the Republican National Convention we thought in the Netherlands that every country needs his own clowns, and we were a bit amazed how well he was doing. But now that he is really one of two candidates for the presidency of the United States I for one, am a bit worried.

One of the candidates of the worlds biggest, powerful and leading nations of the world has chosen a man that the Washington Post describes as "a unique threat to American democracy". How it is possible that so many Americans chose this man to be the leader of the world is a mystery to me. The Washington Post states he has no experience at all, after taking over his fathers successful business had some successes in business, some failures and repeated episodes of saving his own hide while harming people who trusted him.



Mr.Trump has his own interpretation of facts and anyone that does not agree with him is simply "stupid".
"Allies are taking advantage of the United States. Immigrants are committing crimes and stealing jobs. Muslims hate America.
In fact, Japan and South Korea are major contributors to an alliance  that has preserved the peace of enormous benefit to Americans. Immigrants commit fewer crimes than native-born Americans and take jobs that no one else will. Muslims are the primary victims of Islamist terrorism and Muslim Americans, including thousands who served in the military, are as patriotic as anyone else."
Trump speaks of leaving NATO, encouraging nations to obtain nuclear weapons. It scares me to death that so many people can believe what this man says and that he has become so powerful already. The next step is leading the US into .... what? Why did the Brexit campaign succeed: because the British  wanted the foreigners to leave their country. So don't say Trump cannot win this race for the White House. 

We need in times like these smart, sensible leaders that can unite instead of segregate people. 
As we say in the Netherlands: Ik houd mijn hart vast. I firmly hold my heart. 

8 comments:

  1. I hear you, Han, I hear you...
    And I am as suprised as you are.
    I thought , last Bush was worst, but Trump is over man to Bush.
    And between this intelligent man Obama, who tried, and tried, and couldn't get his reformens by.
    Well, maybe people must woke upp.
    I still can't believe he wins.
    But Yes, it is scared.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope the people of the US have the alarm clock set so they wake up in time.

      I mean Geert Wilders in the Netherlands, Marine le Pen in France, Norbert Hofer in Austria, Donald Trump in the USA, Mattheo Salvini in Italy, and the list goes on and on.

      Wake up!

      Han

      Delete
  2. It scares the hell out of me too, Han. I can only hope he will implode between now and November. Pray for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't think there are much chances of him imploding, Leigh. Like his wife, he makes great speeches...
      And yes, I do pray people will make sensible choice. At least the lesser of the two evils.

      Han

      Delete
  3. I'm terrified! Seriously terrified! He has somehow keyed into the fears of so many people that it defies logic! It isn't about truth! It never was! The scary thing however is that so many of his followers believe it is truth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You and me both, Minelle. You are so right, people defy logic with the phrase: "You don't like Mr. Trump".

      And I wish things could be that simple.
      Han

      Delete
  4. i'm afraid of Trump too - and will work hard to do everything in my power to keep him from being elected. I would support Hillary against any Republican, but this time we must make the right decision. Unfortunately, just like President Obama has been hindered by racism, Clinton will have to fight against misogyny and sexism. But i have hope.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We share the same future fear, Olivia. But he isn't president yet. And I hope that before that time people with love against hate, people who believe in the future will win over the glum picture mr. Trump showed us last week.

      Thank you so much Olivia, I like your hear your views,

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...