Tuesday, 9 February 2016

Peaceful waters

Two days in a row of dark posts, that cannot be a coincidence. Funny how your posting reflects your mood... Today it is over, my mind is calm now and this soothing music of Henry Purcell is not only consoling to the ear, it is also good to pacify the soul.







Now that the Sun hath veil'd his Light,
And bid the World good Night;
To the soft Bed, my Body I dispose,
But where shall my Soul repose?
Dear God, even in Thy Arms, and can there be
Any so sweet Security!
Then to thy Rest, O my Soul! And singing, praise
The Mercy that prolongs thy Days.
Hallelujah!

8 comments:

  1. You're right, the world is dismal enough. Glad your mood has improved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't hear this before.
    I like it.
    Thank you.
    I am glad you are glad .
    Smile.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so pretty don't you think, and the ending of the Hallelujah's. Wonderful music!!

      Han

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing this music, Han. Sorry you have been down...sending lots of positive energy your way.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well positive energy has landed Cat, thank you for that. I know you don't care for this music much, and so I appreciate it you stopped and left a note.

      Han

      Delete
  4. I haven't heard this song before, but when I saw the title, it instantly made me think of a song I love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zUjMrvrraw

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that one very much as well Rebel, I can see why you like it so much. This is the guy from Lady in Red, right?

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...