Friday, 29 January 2016

Sintra

Any of you ever been to the beautiful, beautiful town of Sintra in the south of Portugal? Plenty of people have, I think but I had never heard of it. However, if you are in the neighbourhood, you should visit it. Visit the castle, the wonderful Library and this:

If you have been in the depths of hell, anything that goes down in a spiral feels suspicious. However this secret garden belong to an underground tunnel is not te be associated with anything else than beauty. Judge of yourself:

Entrance










Who would have thought this was behind it?


Looking up
















8 comments:

  1. Never heard of the town either, Han but love the pictures of the garden...would love to visit. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm, the thing a love is the hidden entrance... Secret tunnels... Maiden in distress.... Knight in shining armor is running up.
      And dies of heart attack because armor is so heavvy...

      Maiden runs to freedom by herself. Finds poor shepard boy and live happily ever after.
      HAN

      Delete
  2. This is new to me too.
    Thank you for sharing, Han.
    When I am at that part of Portugal, I will find this beauty .

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful, I will meet you at the top so we can go down together...

      Thank you for taking the rail side... With my scared of heights phobia the wall side is scary enough..

      Han

      Delete
  3. Wonderful pictures....thanks for addin to my something new learned list.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it me or is there striking resemblence with Dante's Hell? Can you imagine Lucifer at the bottom?

      Probably my overactive imagination.

      Han

      Delete
  4. You always have such interesting things to share. Even if I don't like some of them, I always learn something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile. And you have such wonderful comments I look forward to...

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...