Saturday, 2 January 2016

Mercy

How difficult it is to be merciful in a world without much forgiveness. Even in our lifestyle if mercy is not your the safeword, mercy has no meaning. Maybe you have to be a nun like Saint Sister Faustina to say these words:

 “Help me, O Lord,
…that my eyes may be merciful, so that I will never be suspicious or judge by appearances, but always look for what is beautiful in my neighbours’ souls and be of help to them;
… that my ears may be merciful, so that I will be attentive to my neighbours’ needs, and not indifferent to their pains and complaints;
… that my tongue may be merciful, so that I will never speak badly of others, but have a word of comfort and forgiveness for all;
… that my hands may be merciful and full of good deeds;
… that my feet may be merciful, so that I will hasten to help my neighbour, despite my own fatigue and weariness;
… that my heart may be merciful, so that I myself will share in all the sufferings of my neighbour”

My eyes.
My ears.
My tongue.
My hands.
My feet.

It is easier said than done. Remember Adyashanti: It is not what you feel, think or say that matters, it is what you actually do. So in the month of

February: I will practice for a month that my eyes will be merciful, not to judge over appearances. I will try to look for the best in people and do what is in my power to help them.
April: I will listen to people who want me to listen and I will be patient to listen to the stories that are hard to tell.
June: I will not speak ill of anyone, not at work if my colleague fucks up another time. And speaking of comfort is harder than you think.
August: In August I will do three good deeds that give me no benefit myself, but others
October: Even if I am tired I will try to do my best to help others who need my help.

I will blog the results of my efforts, not to receive applause for them, but as a reminder for me to actually do what I say to do.
Is it enough to do good deeds in five months of the year? Nope.

But it's the best I can do right now.

4 comments:

  1. THose are some lofty goals to maintain for a month at a time. I wish you the best of success in achieving your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will be the first to know if it's all air talk or not. Thank you Leigh for your wishes.

      Han

      Delete
  2. Hmmm... who wants to be a saint, when you can have so much fun in life..
    Smile... Ok, bad joke...

    Han it is enough... to want do something to be a better person.
    And , of you manages to do what you want .. it is pure bonus. The purpose is the most important. Then it will be as it will be.
    You know, we are not .saints. But we will do as well as we can.

    I like it, i will follow you .
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing to do with sainthood, Mona Lisa. No, it is not enough to want to be a better person and if you are lucky you will be one.

      It's a lot of work.
      Just work and be honest with yourself.

      Thank you for your wonderful kind words,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...