Saturday, 12 December 2015

Christmas Tree

One of the things I'm almost childish proud of is my Christmas Tree. It's my job to decorate it and it's quite a large tree. 6 series of light bulbs coloured and white and about 150 ornaments each year.
My tree should look full. You should be able to look at my tree and find each time something you have not seen before. Some of them are old and belong to my grandmother, some of it I got from our parents, and some of it we bought ourselves. And each ornament has it's own story.

Do you remember we had an argument and did not speak to each other for days and then you bought me this? Do you remember our daughter was so small she broke one and cried about it until we bought a new one? Do you remember this hanging in your parents tree for years and years and years?

Some people like a nice tree, just white, or red or silver. I like mine full.
Of memories.


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful tree. I agree with you in that I like a tree filled with memories. I've passed on all of our decorations to our daughter and it's fun listening to her explain to her boys about the history of some of the ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ALL your decorations, Leigh? Ah well, it's nice that things can bring memories to life again.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  2. I also think that a tree should be filled with memories. Every Christmas I give each of the grands a new ornament for their tree...something that reminds me of them..with their name and the date. I have two trees....the traditional and one that is all frogs ornaments, frog lights, frog angel on the top, and a frog tree skirt. All of the ornaments were gifts...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice to wrap all the ornaments from their paper wrapping and see them again. That must be the nicest thing, to see them 3 weeks in a year and not see them for the rest of the time.

      So when you see them again, well.
      Two trees, I like your giving away thing. It's such a nice thing to do.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  3. I love a tree filled with memories...my mother gave each of her grandchildren a new ornament each year based on their age/interest at the time. So each of my sons had a box full of ornaments to start in their own home.

    Love the tree in the picture...is that yours, Han?

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your mums idea with the ornaments. It's so nice to have such memories...

      Yes, the tree in the picture is mine. I'm pleased you like it. It takes me ages to decorate it...

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  4. Interesting toughts, Han.
    I have never thought to create memory around our Christmas tree. The idea is new to me. but I like it.I have mostly thought of creating memories for the celebration of Christmas.

    Thank you for nice blogpost, Han.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah well, I'm a sentimental romantic, Mona Lisa. I think an ornament can bring memories back of happy and sad moments in your life connected to that thing you got or bought at the time.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...