Wednesday, 2 December 2015

Christmas Carols, Spain

A la Nanita Nana


This Spanish traditional Christmas Carol is very dear to me. My daughter sang it many, many times in Christmas concerts of her choir. I remember well sitting in the waiting room for parents and rehearse the song over and over and over and over again...  

A la nanita nana nanita ella, nanita ella
Mi nina tiene sueno bendito sea,bendito sea
A la nanita nana nanita ella, nanita ella
Mi nina tiene sueno bendito sea,bendito sea

Fuentecita que corre clara y sonora
Ruisenor que en la selva
Cantando y llora
Calla mientras la cuna se balansea
A la nanita nana nanita ella
A la nanita nana nanita ella
Nanita ella
Mi nina tiene sueno bendito
Sea, bendito sea
Fuentecita que carre clara y sonora
Ruisenor que en la selva
Cantando y llora
Calla mientras la cuna se balansea
A la nanita nana nanita ella


Translated:

Come, let's sing a little lullaby, come, let's sing a little
My baby girl is sleepy, blessed be, blessed be
Come, let's sing a little lullaby, come, let's sing a little
My baby girl is sleepy, blessed be, blessed be

Little spring running clear and loud
Nightingale that in the forest
Sings and weeps
Hush, while the cradle rocks
Come, let's sing a little lullaby
Come, let's sing a little lullaby
Come, let's sing a little
My baby girl is sleepy, blessed
Be, Blessed be
Little spring running clear and loud
Nightingale that in the forest
Sings and weeps
Hush, while the cradle rocks
Come, let's sing a little lullaby

6 comments:

  1. Another new and lovely Christmas carol! Thank you so much, Han. Really love listening to all of these!

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Cat. They bring me in the holiday spirit, more so than the song in all the stores.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  2. What a special one.....you are making me smile with all of these...thanks.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring a smile on your face,Abby. Nice of you to say so.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  3. I love this, Han. Thank you for finding those beautiful pieces.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a very kind man, Appy. I'm glad you like them.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...