Tuesday, 1 December 2015

Christmas Carols, French

D'où viens-tu, bergère

 

D'où viens-tu, bergère (Where have you been, shepherdess) is French traditional Christmas Carol. 

D'où viens-tu, bergère ?
D'où viens-tu?
Je viens de l'étable
De m'y promener!
J'ai vu un miracle,
Ce soir arriver!

Rien de plus, bergère ?
Rien de plus?
Y'a le boeuf et l'âne,
Qui sont par devant,
Avec leur haleine
Réchauffant l'enfant.

 
What did you see Oh Maiden, What did you see?
On this very night, my own eyes were dazzled, by a wondrous sight!
Was he fair, Oh Maiden, Was he fair?
Fairer than the moon, fairer than the sun! Never in this world have I seen such a one!
Was he calm, Oh Maiden, was he calm?
All my heart was given to this little child. In my very soul, he will live for all time!

 


8 comments:

  1. Now this is one I am familiar with...My heritage is french canadian and the school I attended for 13 years....K--12...had 1/2 day english and 1/2 day french...this was one we sang...thanks for the memories...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful memory to share. The songs of Christmas we learn as a child stay with us, always.

      Take care of those who love you,
      Han

      Delete
  2. Another beautiful song I haven't heard before! Thanks for sharing, Han.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was new to me as well Cat, but it's an enchanting song.

      Take care of those who love you,
      Han

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It was indeed, Leigh.

      Take care of those who love you,
      Han

      Delete
  4. I have heard this one before.
    Very nice.
    Thank you, Han.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did? That's nice, Mona Lisa, I hope you liked hearing it again.

      Take care of those who love you,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...