Friday, 9 October 2015

Dreams




I said it before sometimes I am a dreamer. A daydreamer. I have been all my life, I think. Young people have all the time in the world to chase their dreams. They can do anything and the whole world is open to them for the taking. Chase your dream and believe in them and never give up. And if you work hard enough, the dream will come true.

As you get older you realize at some time or another (most men buy a motorcycle and trade in the wife for a younger version at this stage) that you have only limited time to chase all your dreams and that some dreams, well they remain a dream. Once you have accepted that you will never ride the Orient Express, it's not so difficult any more. Life is about choices and greed in wishes only brings disappointment and bitterness.

Sure it would have been nice.

Another dream is to listen to all Bach Cantata's. You know, not in a crowded room, full of family members that want to watch So You Think You Can Dance on TV, but really listen to the music. Maybe a bit of "air conducting" as well if I cannot keep my hands still, but only if I know the piece well enough the orchestra will stop at my sign. Bach wrote 300 cantata's, and we still have something like 209 - 215 left of them. Will I ever know them all well? No. Not in this lifetime, I will.

The last big dream is to walk the Camino, the old pilgrims route to Santiago de Compostella in Spain. The route is about 800 km through Spain, by foot.


I have talked about it with my loved one, but she doesn't share my dream. Dreams are personal of course. I have made many plans in my head about it. I have read a lot about it, because there are a lot of bloggers that share their experience with us. And now I have to say goodbye to this big last dream. But I'm not ready yet to do just that. This week I began with my walking training. And in two or three years I will walk it. Somehow.


Because if you never CHASE your dream, you will never CATCH them.

10 comments:

  1. Walking the Camino is on my "Bucket List If This Were a Perfect World"… (which is not the same as the "Achievable Bucket List")
    I'll be with you in spirit when you go. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is what this post is about, an Archievable Bucket List. Maybe, Jz, just maybe the world is perfect. For a short while, anyway...

      Thank you for your comment,
      Han

      Delete
  2. Dreams are very personal so thank you very much for sharing yours with us Han. Sending lots of positive energy for you to accomplish yours.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are personal, and so is this post. I appreciate your energy boost, Cat.

      Han

      Delete
  3. None one, but ourselves we can and should realize our dreams.
    It is our dreams.
    Please, Han, do not give up!
    You must not give up !!!!

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you are responsible for the realisation of your own dreams, Mona Lisa. And I have not given up yet. Not completely that is...

    Thank you for your kind words,
    Han

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Han, :)

    I do hope that you get to walk the Camino some day! That sounds like a wonderful thing to have on your list. I also love that you want to hear all the Bach Cantata's! I listen to much more Bach now, as my mom used to love Bach so much. I play that for her when I am there. BEAUTIFUL stuff!

    When I think of dreams, I think of George Bernard Shaw's quote, made famous in the US (or at least came to my attention long ago) when Robert Kennedy quoted him in one of his speeches long ago: "Some people see things as they are and say why? I dream things that never were and say, why not?" I have always loved that. Your post made me think of that one.

    Thank you for sharing some of your dreams. :) Many hugs,

    <3 Katie


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Katie! I simply love the Bach music. Cannot work with Bach on the radio, so we listen to some horrible music station. With Bach I just have to listen...

      I like your quote, and who knows..., why not.

      Thank you for your wonderful comment,
      Han

      Delete
  6. How wonderful of you to share your dreams with us.....i will be cheering you on as you take the steps necessary to achieve one of your dreams...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice of you to say so, Abby. You will hear from me in the future how this project will evolve. Or not.

      They say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...