Friday, 2 October 2015

Don't Cry For Me

I grew up with Andrew Lloyd Webbers and Tim Rice "Jesus Christ Superstar" and when I found out the made a new "Rock-Opera" (quite famous at the time) I bought the LP-box and listened to it until I knew it by heart. Not that I liked it so much, mind you. I remember being very disappointed at this strange theme. This strange and far, far away story of one Eva Peron, I never had heard of. But I kept on playing, thinking if I knew each song, each note by heart, I would learn to love it.

I never did.
Not as much as their first Rock Opera, anyway.
But after all these years, when I wrote last week in the Nine post, "dressed up to the nines" I automatically added "at sixes and sevens with you".

I am not a big fan of Madonna.
Not my era.
But I listened to Elaine Paige who sung the original today, and I had to agree this one sounded better.

So here is Don't Cry for me Argentina. For you.


4 comments:

  1. I am a big fan of musicals and love Andrey LLoyd Wright's work. Thanks for making me smile while listening...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like the Evita song, Abby. And if it made you smile is was worth writing why I chose the song.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  2. I very much enjoy musicals and Andrew Lloyd Webbers work is great but 'Don't Cry for Me Argentina' is not one of my favorites...not bad...just not a fave. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not bad, but not special. Evita in a nutshell. There is a reason for the ending of the Tim Rice/ Andrew Lloyd Webber cooperation.
      I think they both felt the way I felt at the time.

      It made them both rich, tough.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...