Sunday, 6 September 2015

Tell me I love you


When we were standing, I took Carrie by both shoulders and shook her
gently. She looked up at me, and I said, "Tell me I love you."

    "I love you," she said.

    "I know you love me, Carrie, but that's not what I told you to say. I
said, 'Tell me that I love you.'"

    She looked puzzled, then I saw the light of understanding in her eyes.
"You love me," she said, unable to resist a slight smile.

from: Training Carrie, chapter 42 by Jay West

I know as it happened yesterday, I stopped reading. I don't know if the writer stole that line, because it is so obvious, but maybe he thought of it himself. It doesn't matter. 

"I love you", has the value of "pass me the peanut butter please" sometimes. Routine words. But "You love me" is so fundamentally different, how wonderful self confident you can be if you can say to your loved one: "You love me". It's something that took Wanita some time to say it like she meant it. Carries problems with it after "failing" helped us.

Is it not strange a story can influence your life?



9 comments:

  1. I agree Han...it's very interesting what can influence our relationships...a book, a phrase, a painting, music, even an overheard conversation. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile of your overheard conversation, Cat..

      Thank you for your comment,
      Han

      Delete
  2. I like it.
    Isn't it great how many " aha" points, which can help us love more or ve a better people, we find everywhere ?
    But we must have eyes, ears and mind oppen.
    Very nice words and nice pist , Han.
    Thank you.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the eyes, ears, mind and the HEART must be open, I agree Mona Lisa.

      Glad you liked it
      Han

      Delete
  3. I like the story, Han, but I learn more from your posts and comments.
    Thank you.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very kind of you to say so Appy, the blog is like an all you can eat restaurant, you take what you like and disregard the rest until you are satisfied...

      Thank you for your nice words,
      Han

      Delete
  4. There are so many things that can influence our relationships - an action, a thought, a look and of course words.

    As usual, a thoughtful post from the Rambling Dutchman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree it's the little things that have an impact on the way we relate to our loved one.

      Thank you for your nice words,
      Han

      Delete
  5. So very true, if you stay open to new ideas they surround us.....try and keep only what is good for the two of you. One of the reasons i am so glad Master had me start blogging...the new ideas....and friends ...i have found.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...