Tuesday, 11 August 2015

ING Top Executive: Brave descision

When the bankcrisis came the ING turned to the Dutch Government and said: We have made stupid mistakes and now we are out of money. Can you lend us some money, until the times will be better?
Topman Ralph Hamers of the ING thinks he is a man of courage to step back on his income voluntarily. He think his raise of 20% of his income is a courageous thing to do, because 30% was promised to him once.  Hamers think the discussion about rewards for top managers is a purely emotional discussion that is not likely to be solved.


Ralph Hamers ING - moedig - Eduard - column - Toekomt.nl
Foto: ING


Yes, I agree with Hamers it is an emotional discussion. And it makes me more than a little mad to see someone who is in a position to make himself rich, makes himself filthy rich. Not because of a result of what he did or did not do, but just because he can.

I hate this grabbing and self enrichment. I'm not envious about his money. If he is happy with it, and does a good job at the bank, making long hours, flying around the globe, making difficult decisions. I respect all that and he should be paid fairly for that.

Fairly. If he almost took the bank into bankruptcy he should go back to minimum wages.

I think.

10 comments:

  1. Ah yes, fairly! Here in the US It makes me crazy when I hear about these top CEOs able to make 30, 40 etc million dollars just because they can demand it. We have so many in the world who have so little through no fault of their own... A bit of their millions could help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand they want a comfortable life. But this is embarrassing. It is called greed. And we are to blame, because we are emotional about it. Damn right we are emotional about it.

      At least, I am.
      Han

      Delete
  2. It makes me very angry also....makes me think some people have no conscience and no heart...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Greed, Abby. And then I think of mr. Marlowe and Scrooge. Not everyone receives three spirits at Christmas.

      At least, I don't think so.
      Han

      Delete
  3. Ooh don't even get me started on CEO's that get huge salaries and then say they can't afford to even give the rest of us a cost of living wage increase. Grrrrr

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claws out, Cat? It is so morally wrong, yet no-one seems to care about it. There is so much apathy in these issues. And now he says it's all my problem for thinking that way!

      At least, I think,
      Han

      Delete
  4. Replace ING with RBS and you have the same situation here. Makes me mad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's Universal. Like Appy said beneath here, a lot of companies do the same. But when we look back in time at this era we will look back in shame of this self-enrichment.

      At least, I'm convinced that we do,
      Han

      Delete
  5. They are all the same. I hate it. And it not only in banks, but in all major companies. They are shameless and there is no political party willing to end this.
    Good post, Han.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a disease Appy and it's called greed. It starts with well understood self interest and it ends with unhealthy wanting more and more and more and more and more and more and more, not enough yet, more and more and more and more, just a little bit more and more and more and more.

      At least, I believe so,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...