Wednesday, 1 July 2015

This music they play in heaven






I love the "wobbly" voice, it makes it sound so human.
I love this piece from the St. John's passion by Johann Sebastian Bach, especially where the choir sing the choral in between, it is divine music.
It is music they play in heaven.

Text:
Bariton:
 Mein teurer Heiland, laß dich fragen,
da du nunmehr ans Kreuz geschlagen
und selbst gesagt, es ist vollbracht,
bin ich vom Sterben frei gemacht,
kann ich durch deine Pein und Sterben
das Himmelreich ererben.
ist aller Welt Erlösung da?
Du kannst vor Schmerzen zwar nichts sagen;
doch neigest du das Haupt
und sprichst stillschweigend Ja.

Choir:
Jesu, der du warest tot,
lebest nun ohn Ende,
in der letzten Todesnot,
nirgend mich hinwende
als zu dir, der mich versühnt,
o du lieber Herre,
gib mir nur, was du verdient,
mehr ich nicht begehre.

10 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this beautiful music Han.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you know that for sure? It is beautiful music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot reveal my sources, but I have it from a reliable source. DF.

      Glad you liked it,
      Han

      Delete
  3. I am smiling as I think of my mom and dad enjoying this together....
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine to listen to beautiful music, all kinds, all day....

      Hug back to you,
      Han

      Delete
  4. Beautiful .
    Thank you, Han.

    Take care,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I knew you would like it as well, Mona Lisa. And I am glad you do.

      Take care of those who love you,
      Han

      Delete
  5. Beautiful piece, Han! :) Thank you for sharing. I hope that they do play it up in heaven!

    Here on earth, more recently when I have been visiting my mom in the nursing home, I play music for her. I have a nice compilation of Bach on an album entitled "Bach for Breakfast". I like to start with that for her during the morning visits. I notice subtle things, but I think that my mom enjoys it. Music can touch people when nothing else perhaps can, I am thinking. Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I searched for Bach for Breakfast on the Internet. I love it that you play them for her. How wonderful, and maybe it doesn't always seem that way, but I am sure your mother will appreciate that lovely music.

      What a special gift for a daughter to give her mother,
      Now I'm moved to tears,

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...