Sunday, 19 July 2015

Sara Bareilles


You might know miss Sara Bareilles from the popular "Love Song". Can't say that I'm much impressed with this song. But there are some wonderful songs, sung with such feeling I only know Miss Streisand can sing. Here are three, with the lyrics:




"Bright Lights And Cityscapes"


Hold my breath and I'll count to ten
I'm the paper and you're the pen
You fill me in and you are permanent
And you'll leave me to dry
I'm the writer and she's the muse
And the one that you always choose
She will falter and gift her blame
And it starts all over again
Again again again

She is bright lights and cityscapes
And white lies and cavalcades
And she'll take all you ever have
But I'm gonna love you
You say maybe it'll last this time
But I'm gonna love you
You never have to ask
I'm gonna love you
'Til you start looking back
I'm gonna love you
So right
I wouldn't need a second chance

Shield your eyes from the truth at hand
Tell me why it'll be good again
All those demons are closing in
And I don't want you to burn
Nevermind what I said before
I don't want any less anymore
You are carbon and I am flame
I will rise and you will
Remain

For bright lights and cityscapes
And landslides and masquerades
And she'll take all you ever have
But I'm gonna love you
You say, "Maybe it'll last this time"
But I'm gonna love you
You never have to ask
I'm gonna love you
'Til you start looking back
I wouldn't need a second chance
I wouldn't need a second chance
I wouldn't need a second chance
I wouldn't need a second chance

"Gravity"



Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.
No matter what I say or do
I'll still feel you here 'til the moment I'm gone.

You hold me without touch.
You keep me without chains.
I never wanted anything so much
Than to drown in your love and not feel your rain.

[CHORUS:]
Set me free,
Leave me be.
I don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

Oh, you loved me 'cause I'm fragile
When I thought that I was strong.
But you touch me for a little while
And all my fragile strength is gone.

[CHORUS]

I live here on my knees
As I try to make you see
That you're everything I think I need here on the ground.

But you're neither friend nor foe
Though I can't seem to let you go.
The one thing that I still know is that you're keeping me down.

You're keeping me down, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah
You're on to me, on to me, and all over...

Something always brings me back to you.
It never takes too long.

"Send Me The Moon"



Holding my breath,
Last one I’ve got left
'til I see you
Deliver my heart
With the pieces and parts
Of me left

Every last day
Seemed to carry the weight
Of a life time
Watch from the ground
As the gold fluttered down
From the sky

Sweet sun
Send me the moon
Empty the skies out
Bringing me one step closer
To you
Send it soon
And I will breathe in, breathe out
'Til you come in and out
Of view
Of view

Inches away from you
Scared what I’ll take from you,
Darling
I could live with your ghost
If you say that’s the most
That I’ll get

Darkness to light
Moved from day into night
To be near you
Still here I stand
I am sinking like sand
In your sea

Sweet sun
Send me the moon
Empty the skies out
Bringing me one step closer
To you
Send it soon
And I will breathe in, breathe out
'Til you come in and out
Of view
Oh, you already do

Never you mind
Whether evening should find
Us together
Distance can’t take
What is hidden here safe
In my chest

I’ll wait for the day
When we finally say
Now or never
'Til then I’ll be here
Wanting more
As I settle for atmosphere

Sweet sun
Send me the moon
Empty the skies out
Bringing me one step closer
To you
Send it soon
And I will breathe in, breathe out
'Til you come in and out
I will breathe in, breathe out 'til you come in
I will breathe in, breathe out 'til you come in and out
Of view
Of view

3 comments:

  1. Never heard of her. Thank you, Han, again something new.
    I like it.

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of people only know her from the Love Song. These are more of her tender songs.

      I'm glad you like it,
      Han

      Delete
  2. I love Sara Bareilles! My favourite song of hers is Brave, but I do love her song that you have posted here.

    She did a fabulous job singing Brave with Carole King at the Grammys a year ago. Loved that performance!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...