Sunday, 12 July 2015

Neruda's birthday



Today is the birthday of poet Pablo Neruda ( born Neftali Ricardo Reyes Basoalto in Parral, Chile (1904). In 1923, when he was 19, he sold all his possessions in order to publish his first book, Crepusculario (Twilight). Because his father didn't approve of his writing poetry, he published it under the pen name Pablo Neruda. In 1924, he published Veinte poemas de amor y una canción desesperada, known in English as Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair, which made him famous. Neruda always wrote in green ink, because he believed it was the colour of hope.





8 comments:

  1. Great, interesting post again.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you found it interesting, Appy.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  2. Oh... What a nice post.

    Take care
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you liked it, Mona Lisa.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  3. Thank you for sharing such an interesting post Han. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased you found it interesting, Cat.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful. I am taking a class right now where we are interpreting and analyzing literature (stories, plays and poems) and I love the way that Madonna's reading of the poem was illustrated. The illustrations were a great way to interpret the lines. Wish I could do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you wanted to there is no doubt in my mind that you can do the same quality and even better Blonde. If I see your website (except for the hideous font) you really could. All you need is a simple free program like Microsoft Movie Maker (part of the free Essentials bundle) and some time to practice.)

      You would be good at it,
      I know.

      I hope you will do it some day, just to show it for you that you can,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...