Tuesday, 14 July 2015

Band aid

Remember I did some time ago the forgiveness challenge. I have been thinking of forgiveness ever since.And I have come to the conclusion that you need a band aid to keep the wound dry and clean. So it gets a chance to heal. Time and love are wonderful band aids. And I found out that forgiveness is hard work. It doesn't come blowing in the wind, you have to fight against the wind often to reach forgiveness. But with each act of forgiveness, whether small or great, we move toward wholeness.



7 comments:

  1. I so agree with you Han...forgiveness is hard work. The saying in the picture is perfect isn't it. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and forgiveness is not in saying I forgive you, or thinking I forgive you but the act of true forgiving itself. And that, sometimes, is so much easier said than done.

      You are a doll for commenting on my post,
      Han

      Delete
  2. Yes, it is a hard work, but result is also big.
    to feel that one's soul has been able to remove these cages of steel that has kept the soul imprisoned there's a wonderful sense of peace and freedom.

    I like your post, Han.
    Take care,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Mona Lisa. Forgiveness is a move towards wholeness.

      You are a doll for commenting on my post,
      Han

      Delete
  3. Very true.....and healing is one of those things that can take time.....forgiveness and letting go.....sometimes tough lessons to learn.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tough lessons indeed Abby. And often it takes us a long time to truly learn. No, let me rephrase that: it took me a long time to truly learn. And do.

      You are a doll for commenting on my post,
      Han

      Delete
  4. Forgiveness isn't as hard, for me, as forgetting. Little things can still poke at me (the whole thing with Ty). But this is a super, fantastic post.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...