Friday, 29 May 2015

I woke up with a song in my head

I woke up yesterday with a song in my head. Do you know the feeling when there is a song in your head that is on autorepeat all day? And you don't even like this song? I definitely don't like this song. Yet at a very serious meeting this line "let me show you Tel Aviv" stuck in my head. Very annoying indeed.

The song I'm talking about is "Golden Boy" by Nadav Guedj. I'm not the only one that didn't like it because he ended 14th in the ranking of the Eurovision Song Contest this year, that was won by Sweden by the way. So, I don't know what it is really (this is the guy that thinks that everything that is written after Bach died in 1750 is pop-music, remember?) but all day yesterday this song:

Three, two, one, hey!

I’m a golden boy
Come here to enjoy
I’m the king of fun
Let me show you how we do it
I’m a golden boy
Come here to enjoy
And before I leave
Let me show you Tel Aviv




Yes. Laugh.
Stupid song.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Han when you get a song stuck in your head, we call it an 'ear worm' around here. I have had them before...the best thing to do is find one of your favorite songs with a catchy tune and play it while really concentrating. This song is not that bad but not good enough that I would want it as an ear worm! ;) Sorry you had to put up with that.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a golden bo-hoy,
      Come here to en-jo-hoy

      Round and round it goes. Ear worm. Good expression for the way it felt. Thank you, learned a new word today. No Bach music could keep my mind repeating: Let me show you Tel Aaviv!!!

      Thank you for your sympathy,
      Han

      Delete
  2. I hate ear worms. As far as songs, many of the words make no sense at all but if the beat is there, I don't hear the words,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could be the same, Leigh and not hear the words, but I have to hear the words as well each and every time the song is on auto-repeat.

      Wonderful of you to comment,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...