Friday, 3 April 2015

Have mercy upon his soul



On March 12th I have told you about my friend that was ill and that I would have to say goodbye to him soon. I did not expect then, that the moment to say goodbye would be today already. He will be cremated today and nothing but a pile of dust will remain of that big man so full of life.

Today it is Good Friday and everywhere in the Netherlands the St. Matthew Passion is being performed. I put the link to the wonderful all of Bach site here, so you can see today's integral  performance already.

I have posted Erbarme Dich before. But I cannot send more comfort to my friend than to play "Have mercy" upon his soul for him. So this one, my friend, is just for you. May your soul find rest.




14 comments:

  1. My condolances, Han. I kniw hiw difficult it is to lose a good friend.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry, Han. It is very sad, and hard, to lose a good friend. We also lost one two weeks ago, and laid him to rest last Friday. But since then lots of memories of all the good times we had, and the laughs we had, have comforted us.

    Prayers and blessings to you, my friend, and a special prayer for your friend that he finds peace.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate the prayer for him, Ami. Thank you for your sympathy as well

      Han

      Delete
  3. RIP to your friend and I am so sorry for your loss. Try to keep all the good times uppermost in your mind and remember him as he once was and is again.
    Blessings to you and your family this Easter weekend. Special prayers going out for your friends family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the prayer for his family, Leigh. Thank you for your kind words.

      Happy Easter to you as well,
      Han

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. My thoughts are with you and your friend's family.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am sorry Han for yours lost.
    He is not suffering more... but it is hard for them who are left hete.
    This is so beautifull music. So good to cry , lol

    Take care,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mona Lisa. It is very difficult for his wife. They had no children. Some say she is fortunate, some not. Music opens the heart to pain, you are so right.

      Thank you for your kind words,
      Han

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you Blonde. You are a kind woman.

      Han

      Delete
  8. So very sorry for your loss Han. Sending prayers and healing energy for you and his family.

    Hugs and blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cat, Thank you for your kind words, you are as warm as ever.

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...