Thursday, 12 March 2015

Update

I have not been posting regularly these last few months and I have not been able to follow the blogs on my blog list either. And in this post I'd like to explain you why I haven't because it was not out of procrastination nor laziness that shifted my priorities.

There are some periods in your life that illness and death cross your path often, and some years go by and nothing happens. At least that is my experience. And these months were a period that was not so easy. A colleague and friend got terminally ill and I will have to say goodbye to him very soon. We talked about death and after death. About those that stay behind and how they will cope. We talked about the meaning of life. It was a period for us both where our friendship became richer and for that I am grateful.

My father was in hospital last week. I'm happy he is out again but still needs a lot of care. We live in a city where we build a train tunnel in our city (I have shown you) and exceed the estimated cost of 1 billion euro by 50 to 80 million euro's and is now virtually bankrupt. And two homes for the elderly have been closed already and 3 are at point of closing. No relation as to our single focus on ambition and power hungry city politicians of course. So all the money is gone for the elderly and basically the only option is take in my father and (Wanita's mother real soon) to take care of them. One small problem, our house is barely big enough for the three of us and soon our family will expand anyway.

My daughter is going to have an assistance dog real soon. These months were very exciting for her if she would qualify for a dog that would make her more independent of us. The dog can do about 60 commands that will help her in personal life very much, such as opening doors for her (Dad, they have at our school a toilet for disabled people but it is in a hallway. The doors to that hallway are so heavy I cannot open it so I have to wait sometimes minutes for someone to come my way to get the door open for me and vice versa.) The dog will pick up things for her she dropped so she will not waste energy on that and lots and lots more. Wonderful news. Busy, because of the training schedule she will have to follow (and we have to bring her, spend the day somewhere there and pick her up again), but it will be nice. It gives positive energy, good news....

So yes, busy days in the Van Meegeren household. Oh yes, for those who are interested in our kink life, well many of you already know how real life interferes with the kink life. Well virtually stops that. LOL. Anyway, we picked up Quattuordecim again, you may have read about that. We talked about number 12 and her personal reasons for not doing that one and about number 10. You have already seen as to the pictures of this week the challenge made me horny.
Smile.

Well she is enjoying it as much as I do I think. This really is a fun challenge.

As things will settle down, no, when things settle down I will be able to spend some more time behind my little computer. Until then, take care of yourself and those who love you.












12 comments:

  1. Hey Han...I am so sorry about the imminent loss of your friend. It is so hard to say goodbye isn't it. I thank God every day that my mother is has retained her health and independence. I am sorry you are looking at tough decisions with your dad and MIL also. Congratulations to your daughter...I am sure she will so appreciate her independence...you and Wanita are awesome parents! Please do not feel as if you need to apologize for not posting or visiting as much...we are here whenever you want to visit or need someone to listen or want to share something. Sending lots of prayers, healing energy and positive thoughts for you and your crew.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us focus on the good news, Cat! It will be wonderful to extend our family with another member.
      Thank you for your kind words, you are a kind woman.

      Han

      Delete
  2. Han, so sorry for the sad news. We lost a very dear friend last year and my precious sister in law theyear before that so I know what you are going through. Everything else on your plate could be overwhelming if you allowed it but you seem to be taking it in stride. I'm sending you lots of love and positivity. Don't hesitate to reach out - we're here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Leigh, one day at the time. Ah Leigh, his wife mailed me this morning and he was in so much pain last night he cried Mama Help Me. He is nearly sixty years old and his mama is gone for some twenty years. We talked how powerful the mother-child relation is that in times of pain you call for your mama to make it better.

      Thank you for your kind words Leigh, You may try to hide it sometimes, but you really are a kind woman as well,

      Han

      Delete
  3. You have a lot going on and I'm sorry that you're having to say good-bye to your friend.
    I've seen TV programmes about assistance dogs - they are amazing and will make a big difference for your daughter.

    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, DF we hope it will help our daughter to move out of the house in a few years... Because what you are trying to do in raising a child is to make her ready to become a well balanced, defensible, self supporting young woman. So if the dog can help her with that, not only in practical terms but in confidence as well, it will make all the difference in the world.

      Thank you for your kind words, DF.,

      Han

      Delete
  4. Yes, life can be sometimes very hard.
    I rejoice with you for your postive news and mourn with you regarding the negative.
    Hold on, Han.

    I have you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let us focus on the positive side of life Mona Lisa. And you, my dear friend, are my example in doing so.

      Thank you for your kind words Mona Lisa, I cherish them,

      Han

      Delete
  5. Yes, Han, life can be difficult. I know you are strong, but take care of yourself too. The closing of the care centres is not the city's fault. It is decided by the central government and the insurance companies. Doesn't matter whose fault it is. It is terrible.
    Greeting,

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you are right Appy it is the governments decision to make the cities responsible for the way they spend their money on the helpless and the elderly. But it is the cities choice how they spend it. And if I was my city I would file for bankruptcy right now..

      Bloody self centred politicians,
      Han

      Delete
  6. So sorry about your losses. Glad that your father is okay. Wish there was some good advice on making your home bigger. Maybe you can have a little cottage built and you and Wanita can bed out there, plus it will be private

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will figure it out somehow, Blonde. We always do...

      Thank you for your sympathy,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...