Sunday, 22 March 2015

The Perfect Woman

Have you ever heard of Bo Derek?

Ah...

Bo Derek featured in a film in 1979, called 10. Directed by Blake Edwards, the film starred Dudley Moore as a middle-aged man who finds miss Derek's character to be the ideal woman for him, though he is already in a relationship with another woman, played by Julie Andrews. Derek's appearance in a dream sequence, racing towards Moore in a flimsy flesh-colored swimsuit, became iconic and launched her status as a mainstream sex symbol. She was mine. All 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, my very own sex symbol.

I was 20 when I saw 10. And I never forgot miss Derek. Now, 35 years later, I want all you young people to gaze at the perfect score a woman can get. And of course the Bolero of Ravel ("Did you ever do it to Ravel's Bolero?") sounded never, ever the same again.

8 comments:

  1. I had no need to play the tape. For years, this was one of Ray's favorite movies. I like it too but my 'like' was more about the comedy of the movie, than Bo. To this day, when a certain bodily functions surfaces, we joke that its to bad we don't have a dog.

    Enjoy the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL on the dog... I understand it is on Ray's top list of movies. What do I tell you over and over again... You have a guy with good taste in women.

      Han

      Delete
  2. Oh yes, I saw and enjoyed this movie even though Bo Derek made me feel inadequate.

    BTW...did you know that John Derek had been married to Linda Evans and after he was divorced from her, he married Bo Derek who looked so much like Linda Evans that they could have been sisters? Just one of those little tidbits of information that stick in my brain. LOL

    Hugs and blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only my sex symbol would score a perfect 10, Cat nothing can compare to a dream. But people in real life are so much more interesting than people in dreams....
      LOL on the Linda Evens. Tall blonde, not to small in the breast department, right?

      Glad you saw the movie as well, Cat :-)
      Han

      Delete
  3. I don't think I've seen this movie. I will see it absolutely.

    Take care, Han,
    Mina Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't bother Mona Lisa. It is a male wet dream, but I think there is not much for a woman to see here... But when I was young. Well.... 10 Mona Lisa. 10 is the highest.

      If you see it anyway, Dudley Moore is funny as well,
      Han

      Delete
  4. I remember this movie. Boy did I want to look like her, even the braids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you looked very much like her, Blonde. It is one of those movies with a lousy storyline, that keep in your mind somewhere..

      And now it got out,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...