Saturday, 28 March 2015

Erotic staircase

In my category "useless information", this time something a found a while back, and I decided I did want to share with you:


The jury members Hugo Wonchul Kim and Sylvain Lagarde observed that the successful proposal had a unique ability to reveal a crucial concept of eroticism - capacity to transport our minds into another dimension and to transform the ordinary in a surreal experience. This existential connection is metaphorically represented by contrast between the functional wood bookshelves and a “very decorative and harsh coloured stair”. It was this perfect and balanced antagonism between a simple and organized space and the stair’s “red excess or visual extravagance” that called the jury attention.





10 comments:

  1. How lovely...thanks for sharing Han.

    Hugs and blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a daring concept for a library...

      Smile
      Han

      Delete
  2. Beautiful, just beautiful,
    I like it.
    Where is this starts, Han?
    Take care,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it. It starts just above the edge of the picture. I agree that it would have been a better picture if you had seen all of the stairs. Still, it is an amazing sight.

      I love libraries,
      Han

      Delete
  3. Beautiful staircase .... great symmetry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smile. Yes it is. Wonderful concept DF

      Han

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Glad you like it Leigh. It would give me a weird feeling going down, but still....

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  5. I'm glad you do Blonde.

    Smile,
    Han

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...