Wednesday, 25 March 2015

Batman

When I was young there were several second hand book stalls at the market. As a kid I bought second hand comic books there. Batman books were my favourite. I remember I had this postcard glued on my bed (it was a folding bedstead). The picture is from the television series featuring Adam West as the Batman. 



Superman, Cark Kent, well he was OK as well, but Batman and Robin, the boy wonder, they were my heroes. (I should have kept the postcard because it is selling now at $120 on Ebay.) I remember if it were yesterday I bought a book just like this one (this is the english version of the first issue, spring 1940. Yes 1940 beginning of WW II) and on my way home looking forward to an hour of reading the comic... 



The Batmobile. Now they don't make Batmobiles like in the days that Adam West was Batman. Did you se the Batmobile in the new Batman movies? Ridiculous. And Batman had lots of other gadgets. As I kid I knew exactly what was in his utility belt:



Yes, the answer to the question "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was never difficult to answer.

The Batman of course.





6 comments:

  1. "If only' is a common comment of mine when I see these things too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, well I mean being Wanita's hero will be enough for this lifetime, Leigh.

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete
  2. LOL Han...I was also a Batman fan...I wanted his car and Bat Cave! I have a thing for cars...especially American muscle cars. ;)

    Hugs and blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you were a Batman fan, Catwoman! To the Bat Cave!

      Holy Smokes Batman!
      Han

      Delete
  3. What a nice post, Han..

    Unfortunately, I missed everything involving Batman. When the boys were big enough to see and read about Batman, so I hung with .. as an adult.
    Take care,

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, well better late than never, Mona Lisa. Once you have been close to the Bat man you will never forget him....

      Smile,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...