Wednesday, 21 January 2015

New book challenge

Another book challenge between Mona Lisa and Han van Meegeren. It is 1964. Han is much older now so his mom read him Charlie and the Chocolate factory by Roald Dahl. It was published in 1964. No I don't know if she did, but she could have done. I was five years old and my mum used to read quite a lot aloud. Later when my daughter was young it was one of her favourite  movies. I have never read the Dahl version to my daughter and I'm very curious if it's different and how it's different.

Mona Lisa has really a big challenge ahead of her. She chose a Charlie Chaplin biography and like the letters from Vincent van Gogh (Han's choice one year earlier) it is about 500 pages. So it seems Han will get his blogpost of Mona Lisa this time, or is Mona Lisa such a Charlie Chaplin fan she has no problem finishing it in three weeks time.

Watch the clock ticking down. It's time to read!

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Mona Lisa, I look forward to your review. Charlie Chaplin was never one of my favourites, but then again I'm a very serious person.

      Grin,
      Han

      Delete
  2. Good luck Han! Oh and I loved Charlie and the Chocolate Factory...book and both movies that were based on it!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cat. That's right, later there was another one. Johnny Depp was it? I have seen the old one a zillion times.

      Thank you for your comment,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...