Sunday, 7 December 2014

Result Goodreads challenge 1963

Mmmm, look at the column on the right, zero days of the Han van Meegeren - Mona Lisa Da Vinci Goodreads Galore Book Challenge of the year 1963. The year Barbra Streisand sung the Colouring Book. And this is the day the homework must be turned in. Today it is the showing of the cards, write the review of the book, or pay the penalty and write a guest post about a subject my opponent has determined.

I'm not naive and I knew a book of 560 pages would be a real challenge. On the other hand most of the letters are quite short and read quite easily. So I thought it would be difficult, but not impossible. But life is not a book, and you cannot plan life ahead. Smile. And things come up in real life that need your attention more than Van Gogh does. He doesn't mind, his letters will be patiently waiting next week. I reached page 134 and by far not the whole book.

So it is another personal challenge lost. And I will have a look later today at Mona Lisa's blog. If you want to know what subject she has chosen for me to write on, I suggest you do the same.

Congratulations on winning this challenge, Mona Lisa!
And there is always a rematch in 1964...

12 comments:

  1. We will have to wait and see if ML was able to complete the challenge or if life got in the way of her reading. This might actually be a 'draw' rather than a loss. Personally, if you have read 134 pages, it is not a loss as you have learned 134 pages worth of knowledge. ;) Better luck on 1964!

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A draw, Cat would mean I write a guest post in her blog ans she in mine. Otherwise it wouldn't be much fun for the people like yourself who is reading the blog. And it's not like I didn't see this coming. The challenge is about helping each other to read and review a large pile of books in a few months.


      Thank you for your comment Cat, you are one of the kindest people I know.

      Han

      Delete
  2. Losing with grace Han, I'm proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leigh dear, that is very kind of you to say. I think of myself as a gentle man, and to lose something, means winning something else, like your comment.

      I appreciate your reaction,
      Han

      Delete
  3. You win some, and you lose some, as the saying goes. I don't think that you have truly lost. You did read nearly a quarter of the book, which is always better than not wanting to read the book at all. Although the challenge is over, you can still continue to read the book at your own leisure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I will, girl making nice comments, I will read the rest of the book in the next two weeks. It gives the paintings so much more meaning if you know what he thought about it himself. You look at what you see in a different way is as always highly educational.

      Like I said to Cat before, it is a playful way to help each other with a bit of competition fun to make it more interesting. The goal is to look back at it and both say, we had a nice time, reading some books together.

      Thank you for your comment, girl with the heart of gold,
      Han

      Delete
  4. Oh My dear Han.
    I am sorry...
    Yours 560 pg. against My 294..
    It is not fair match.

    But Deal is deal
    Tomorrow you can read on My blog what I want you write about
    It will be fun, believe me.

    My naughty twinn is busy reading a naughty book from Sunny Girl, so she is satisfied and will not bother you..lol

    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look forward to your post tomorrow, Mona Lisa!

      Grin,
      Han

      Delete
  5. I agree with Sunny, very gracious approach, Han! :) Congrats to Mona Lisa! I loved her choice of books!

    I am looking forward to reading what ML cooks up for you to write about. You did read some of the book so perhaps she can go easy on you a bit! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be fun Katie, and she has written such a good review too! If you haven't read it yet, you should check it out.

      Thank you for your kind words, Katie!
      Han

      Delete
  6. I have thought often from what you write and your comments on my blog that you are a true gentleman...you proved me right. I love this challenge between you and Mona, and cannot wait to read tomorrow...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it's because Mona Lisa makes it so easy to be a gentle man. I'm very curious what she has come up with. I know she is very creative...

      And true gentle man are a dying breed, Abby. But it is sweet of you to say so.

      Small kiss on the nose,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...