Saturday, 6 December 2014

Colouring book

Yesterday I got from Sinterklaas a colouring book, I was quite happy with. Such a thoughtful gift I want to share today with an amazing song of Barbra Streisand, singing Colouring Book.



For those who fancy coloring books
As certain people do
Here's a new one for you
A most unusual coloring book

The kind you never see
Crayons ready?
Very well
Begin to color me

These are the eyes that watched him
As he walked away
Color them gray

This is the heart that thought
He would always be true
Color it blue

These are the arms that held him
And touched him
Then lost him, somehow
Color them empty, now

These are the beads I wore
Until she came between
Color them green

This is the room I sleep in
Walk in and weep in, hiding
That nobody sees
Color it lonely, please

This is the man
The one I depended upon
Color him gone
Songwriters: FRED EBB, JOHN KANDER
LIVE performance by Babra Streisand, 1963
My Coloring Book lyrics © TRIO MUSIC COMPANY, INC. , ALLEY MUSIC CORP.

8 comments:

  1. What a wonderfull gift, Han.
    People you got it from like you and want to delight you.
    As it should be.
    Did you see Sinterklaas yesterday ?

    Take care,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I didn't see Sinterklaas, but he left a bag with presents for us. I must have been a good boy, because I got a pair of gloves as well!

      Delighted,
      Han

      Delete
  2. We love mandala in this house - a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the colouring makes me feel peaceful and relaxed. I love the picture slowly changing into a colourful geometric pattern.

      So nice of you to take the time to comment,
      Han

      Delete
  3. What a lovely gift Han! Thanks for sharing the song...I do enjoy Barbra Streisand...such a unique and lovely voice.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always liked the combination of fragile and strength in this song. And the colours may sound corny to some one else, but to me they sound poetic, colourful.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment, Cat,
      Han

      Delete
  4. Beautiful. She is such an amazing talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is she not, Blonde. She has been my idol for a long time.

      Thanks for your comment,
      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...