Thursday, 13 November 2014

Dont Go Far Off Not Even For A Day




Don't go far off, not even for a day, because --
because -- I don't know how to say it: a day is long
and I will be waiting for you, as in an empty station
when the trains are parked off somewhere else, asleep.

Don't leave me, even for an hour, because
then the little drops of anguish will all run together,
the smoke that roams looking for a home will drift
into me, choking my lost heart.

Oh, may your silhouette never dissolve on the beach;
may your eyelids never flutter into the empty distance.
Don't leave me for a second, my dearest,

because in that moment you'll have gone so far
I'll wander mazily over all the earth, asking,
Will you come back? Will you leave me here, dying?

by Pablo Neruda


8 comments:

  1. Wow Han...had never heard this poem before...it evokes a lot of emotions...will have to read it a few more to deicide which emotions are most prevelant. Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thrilled you like it Cat, you it is a poem with several layers like most of Neruda's poems.

      Han

      Delete
  2. Great poem, thank you for sharing it and hubby loves the pic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I aim to please. You don't like the picture? Maybe the tomorrow's picture you'll like better. Curious.

      Glad you liked the poem,

      Han

      Delete
  3. Beautiful poem, Han. Thanks.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Appy, you've got good taste!

      Glad you liked the poem,

      Han

      Delete
  4. I can't make up my mind which I like best, the poem or the picture. So I will admit to thinking they are both just beautiful!

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The picture made me think of the longing in this poem. They both have that hunkering in it, I think. That's why I posted them together.

      Glad you liked both,

      Han

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...