Sunday, 5 October 2014

A goal without a plan is just a wish

 “A goal without a plan is just a wish.” Antoine de Saint-Exupéry said that. And he was so right of course. 

After Pablo Neruda's '100 Love Sonnets', I have been thinking some how to do the next 54 books I'm reading in these two years. I just finished 'To kill a mockingbird' from 1960. I decided to make a week of that year. Not only cold facts but what that year meant to me as a kid, adolescent, adult.

I'll take 1960 as the example:
On Monday: Facts and Figures on 1960. Odd facts and Figures. Things we have long forgotten about.
On Tuesday: What happened in the World in 1960. Main events in World History
On Wednesday: What happened in the Netherlands in 1960. Narrowing it down to my birth country
On Thursday: What happened to Han van Meegeren in 1960. 1 year old. What happened?

The focus from big to my personal life each year. I hope you find it interesting. I'll end with
On Friday: The review on the book I have chosen in the challenge, in 1960: To kill a mockingbird.

Every time I finished a book I will make a week of that year. Every book is written in a context. And the context big and small I've tried to create with the 'week of MCMLX' starting October 13th.

1 comment:

  1. I like your plan. So let us know:
    What happend to Han at 1960?
    You know , it was before mu time...

    Take care,
    Mona Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...